Sunday, March 23, 2008

Under Painting of the Lovely Mikell

Worked on this late Saturday night. It's an under painting of my co-worker, Mikell. She was nice enough to let me take her picture. I don't usually paint people, but I was drawn to her bright, beautiful purple scarf. I think I painted a good resemblance of her. Her nose it a tad bit too long at the bottom. I will shave a little off before I put the color on. I'm looking forward to putting the color on. I'll wait for it to dry, refinish the nose, and then add the color.

1 comment:

Jeanette Braithwaite said...

nice under painting. I am getting her personality, but it seems like I could sence something in her mouth or eyebrows that would put it over the top for me. she has this kinda statment questioning thing happening at the same time in her personality. Nice work EM.
Dug