Monday, June 30, 2008

Ogden City Plein Air Competition

Just finished the Ogden city plein air festival. Just went down one day on Friday and painted the whole day straight. It was great to have my father sit with me and help my painting along with his artistic eye. My mom stopped by and brought me ice cream and a sandwich. This is the life! The competition was about capturing Ogden, so I chose the green tower as you come into Ogden off 24th street. I am happy with the colors in the picture. It was a challenge to paint this scene because the owners of the cars had to go to lunch and then got off early from work. It's amazing the colors you see when you paint outside. I took a picture of the scene and the colors are really flat. Painting outside definitely helps! It was great to meet other artists at the show. I met a really wonderful artist, Ryan Brown. His piece was beautiful and captured the feel of Ogden.

No comments: